Save the Date! Honeybee & Harvest Day 2023
Sunday, October 1, 2023 Noon-4pm
12:00 Noon – HONEYBEE COSTUME PARADE
Join the Swarm! Help Kick Off Honeybee & Harvest Day
with our famous parade buzzing through Nay Aug Park!
THE DAVID WENZEL TREEHOUSE in NAY AUG PARK.
Get creative!! Wear black and yellow as we march with a marching band to the Greenhouse to salute the honeybees and the beauty of the harvest. Create your Bee Costume and Meet at the parking lot near The Tree house in NayAug at 12noon. Parade Begins at 12:15 sharp and marches with the band to The Greenhouse!
Noon – 4 pm Honeybee & Harvest Day
Buzz around all the Festivities, Food, and Fun
at The Greenhouse Project in Nay Aug Park!
A fun day for all ages to enjoy! Held at The Greenhouse Project – 200 Arthur Ave., Scranton
Games & Crafts, Food, Live Music, Vendors, Educational Activities, Live Harvest Demonstrations, and more!
- Noon-4 pm Activities & Vendors Open at The Greenhouse Project
- 12:00 Noon Join The Bee Costume Parade! Meet at Treehouse at Noon
- 12:30 pm “For the Good of The Hive” – The Civic Ballet’s Dancing Bees
- 1:00-4:00 pm The Kerry Kenny Band – Live Music All Afternoon
- 1:30 pm Old-Fashioned Apple Press Demo with Gwen Philmeck (behind Greenhouse)
- 2:00 pm Beekeeper Honey Extraction Demo with Orna Clum (behind Greenhouse)
- 2:30 pm Harvest Rhythms & Beats – African Drummer Maxwell Kofi Donkor
- 2:50 pm Asante Harvest Traditions with Maxwell Kofi Donkor – (behind Greenhouse)
- 3:15 pm Old-Fashioned Apple Press Demo with Gwen Philmeck (behind Greenhouse)
SPONSORS & COMMUNITY PARTNERS
You put the wind under our wings and make this day possible!
ENORMOUS THANKS TO OUR MAJOR EVENT SPONSORS:
Some Easy Online Ideas to Get You Buzzing!
(and remember – it’s not just for kids!)
How cute is this no-sew bee costume by sugarbeecrafts.com! We are buzzing with excitement about all the creative costumes we will see at the Honeybee Costume Parade. Buzz buzz!!
Check out this easy DIY bee antenna headband created by onecreativemommy.com. A perfect accessory to wear in our Honeybee Costume Parade! Hope you can join the swarm!
No bee costume, no problem!! A fun and easy DIY costume you can make at home with just a few simple items. Who will you Bee?? Worker bee, queen bee, sparkly bee, punk rock bee, the mad scientist bee?
Or what about a Butterfly? Thanks to www.bhg.com, it’s quick and easy to come out of your chrysalis and become a butterfly. Butterflies are pollinators, too!
FLY AROUND THESE GREAT VENDORS & ORGANIZATIONS
- Artwork by Keith Renard
- BeSMART NEPA
- Big D’s Curbside Crave
- Brace Orchard
- CaPAA of NEPA
- Clum Family Farm
- Diana Perciballi
- Duffy Accessories
- El Buen Amigo
- Electric City Dogs
- Everhart Museum
- Ginger’s Pup Treats
- Gregory Pelly Art
- Indraloka Animal Sanctuary
- Johnson College
- Keystone College
- Lackawanna College
- Lackawanna Co. Recycling
- Murphy’s Bee Farm
- Peaches Begonias
- Pilger’s Pastries
- PSU Master Gardeners
- Space Time Mead & Cider Works
- Tea Time Cookies
- The Releafery
- The Wright Center
- To Bee Determined B-Shirts