Our Mission: Growing a Sustainable Community through Education, Wholesome Food, and Healthy Active Living.
Groups and Tours by appointment.
The Greenhouse Project’s goal is to educate both children and adults about health and preventing disease through diet and locally-grown food. We operate an environmental learning space at The James B. McNulty Greenhouse in Nay Aug Park.
Plants, herbs, and flower sales help us sustain our mission.
Through partnerships with schools, farmers, local businesses, other non-profits, and residents, The Greenhouse Project provides a variety of educational opportunities and supports local food systems. The Greenhouse also offers a variety of volunteer gardening opportunities for all levels of interest and experience.
As a public charity, our programs benefit education and local hunger projects. Programs include:
- Healthy Eating and Wellness
- Weight Loss & Yoga for Stress & Grief
- Tai Chi Silver Circle
- Support Group meetings
Nutrition Education & Cooking
- Empowered Eating – Disease Prevention through Plant-based Whole Food Diets
- Cooking Classes
- Community Educational Films
- Seasonal Fresh Produce donated to Food Pantry
- Treatment Court – Women
- Independent Living Office of Youth and Family Services
- Wright Center ID Clinic Clients
- Lackawanna County AAA
Garden-Based Learning. Resilience, and Sustenance
- NEW – Community Compost Project!
- Two Community Gardens
- Learning Garden at The Greenhouse
- Everhart Museum Partnership
- Groups and School Tours
- Master Gardener Q & A Saturday in May
- Youth Programs – Green Thumbs Kids
- Plant to Plate
- Young Cooks Academy
- After School programs
- Sowing Seeds in the Neighborhood: Everhart Museum